I have spent a lot of time researching and doing online surveys. In this time, I have learned how to recognize the scam websites and find the legit ones that actually pay you money. If you are new to survey taking, it is all too easy to fall victim to one of these scam sites. This often causes people to give up on surveys altogether before they start making some real money.
Below is my list of free survey websites that pay well. It is a short list but you only need a few good websites if they pay well and are loaded with surveys. The sites below do not charge for admission, do not advertise you to death and do not spam your email relentlessly.
- Vindale Research:
This website has a number of good things going for it. The company Vindale Research, who you might have heard of under their former name Survey4Profit, has been in the business for over a decade. This means they are not likely to shut down out of the blue. In addition, they are constantly adding surveys, hundreds of new ones every day. Finally, they have a zero spam policy and will not sell your email address, unlike a lot of companies out there.
Joining is easy. After entering your email address, you will be asked to complete a short member profile and then a quick questionnaire. This helps determine which surveys you are eligible for. After that, you are free to start earning money. Then just reach $50 and request payment.
Swagbucks is another great website that goes about things a little differently. You can earn money from surveys, but they also give you the opportunity to earn in a number of other ways.They will pay you to watch videos, play games and surf the internet. Essentially, they let you monetize the things that you already do. They are pushing for new members and are offering a $5 sign up bonus at the moment.
Joining Swagbucks is just as easy as Vindale. Once you enter your email address, you will be prompted to confirm your email. After you do that, you will immediately see opportunities to earn. No profiles or questionnaires to fill out, they let you get right to work.
Survey Taking Tips
- If you are new to surveys, the key is to stick with it. It takes time to build up your speed survey taking. With practice, you should easily be able to double your survey speed.
- Some websites pay in points. If they do, you can usually trade these in for cash or gift cards to places that you go all the time. Paypal gift cards are usually available as well.
- Try to dedicate a set amount of time to take your surveys. During that time, eliminate distractions so that you are as efficient as possible.
- Get a free email account and use it exclusively for your survey work. This will help you keep your surveys organized and prevent your regular email address from seeing too much spam.
- Cash out your points often. Very few websites wi give you more money if you save up points Cash them out as soon as a reward becomes available.
- Look at the time and reward of a survey. Many websites will give you an estimated time to take the survey as well as the reward. Divide the reward by the estimated time to determine which pays you the most for your time. You may be better off doing three 5 minute surveys instead of one higher paying 20 minute survey.
- Avoid any survey website that wants to charge you for access. No matter what they promise, these sites are rarely worth your time or money. Only choose sites with free access.
- Keep a separate folder on your browser for your survey websites. This will allow you to open up all of your websites at once to speed up your survey taking.