I have spent a lot of time researching and doing online surveys. In this time, I have learned how to recognize the scam websites and find the legit ones that actually pay you money. If you are new to survey taking, it is all too easy to fall victim to one of these scam sites. This often causes people to give up on surveys altogether before they start making some real money.
Below is my list of free survey websites that pay well. It is a short list but you only need a few good websites if they pay well and are loaded with surveys. The sites below do not charge for admission, do not advertise you to death and do not spam your email relentlessly.
- Vindale Research: Vindale has been in the business for well over a decade, they add hundreds of surveys a day and they pay up to $50 a survey. In addition, they have a zero spam policy which is a big deal. Here is their website, www.vindale.com.
- Swagbucks: Swagbucks is another great website to work with. They have hundreds of surveys to choose from and in addition, they let you earn money by watching videos, playing games and a number of things you already do online. Currently, you can get a $5 bonus just for signing up. Here is their website, www.swagbucks.com.
Survey Taking Tips
- If you are new to surveys, the key is to stick with it. It takes time to build up your speed survey taking. With practice, you should easily be able to double your survey speed.
- Some websites pay in points. If they do, you can usually trade these in for cash or gift cards to places that you go all the time. Paypal gift cards are usually available as well.
- Try to dedicate a set amount of time to take your surveys. During that time, eliminate distractions so that you are as efficient as possible.
- Get a free email account and use it exclusively for your survey work. This will help you keep your surveys organized and prevent your regular email address from seeing too much spam.
- Cash out your points often. Very few websites wi give you more money if you save up points Cash them out as soon as a reward becomes available.
- Look at the time and reward of a survey. Many websites will give you an estimated time to take the survey as well as the reward. Divide the reward by the estimated time to determine which pays you the most for your time. You may be better off doing three 5 minute surveys instead of one higher paying 20 minute survey.
- Avoid any survey website that wants to charge you for access. No matter what they promise, these sites are rarely worth your time or money. Only choose sites with free access.
- Keep a separate folder on your browser for your survey websites. This will allow you to open up all of your websites at once to speed up your survey taking.